Monday, January 21, 2013

Clean Eating

Happy Monday, everyone! 

Today I'm trying a new recipe; BBQ chicken: Crock pot style. See recipe here. I made it early last week and froze it in two, one-gallon size zip lock bags. Unfortunately it doesn't all fit in my crock pot but I figure since I mixed it all up in a huge bowl before separating it into two batches, it should be fine cooking only one bag.  So far it smells amazing.
With just Steve and I eating it, these types of meals last us 4 or 5 days so it is as if I did the 'meal planning' for two weeks when I only made two meals. It feels good eating all these veggies. Steve and I are so picky and don't enjoy most raw veggies and so this is an amazingly yummy way of getting us both into better eating habits. I'll post again later after we have had dinner and let you all know how it turns out. :) 

On a different note, I'm working on another pinterest project.  I am working on a "sunburst mirror." I love the look of the cedar shims but am very tempted to paint it a fun color since my house is lacking variety in that field. Well, hope everyone is having a good Monday. I know that can be a hard thing to do. Mondays are usually pretty rough no matter what your job is. Press on and know that our strength is found in the Lord and His Spirit will strengthen us. Steve has class straight after work tonight so Eli doesn't get to see him today and I'm not going to see him until 11pm and then it's straight to bed for him. I'm praying the above today especially for him. <3 Blessings everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment